Changes to Policies and Procedures due to Coronavirus
Effective Immediately March 7, 2020
This is an important update to our policies. As the coronavirus outbreak continues to escalate, we are taking steps to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of our team and our customers. Many of our customers are senior citizens with chronic medical conditions, precisely the population most at risk for complications due to COVID-19. We also realize that we provide essential maintenance, repair, and installations to customers who have disabilities and we can’t put our services on hold until the pandemic has been brought under control.
In response, we are implementing new policies and precautions to prevent the spread of the virus while allowing us to continue serving our customers across New York State. Effective immediately, these are the updated policies and procedures that everyone at our company will go by:
- Any of our staff who have any of the symptoms associated with this virus (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath) will not be working or in contact with any other member of our team.
- Any of our staff who to their knowledge have come in contact with someone who has, or they believe may have, COVID -19 will similarly not be working or in contact with any other member of our team.
- At this time, we will try to avoid nonessential visits (to the extent possible we will try to walk through and resolve service issues on the phone (at no charge).
- All our staff will use a hand sanitizer or disinfectant prior to entering and again upon leaving any customer’s home. I am working on getting the hand sanitizer by Friday, March 19.
- All our staff will use a disinfectant (Spray Nine) on the tools they typically bring into a customer’s home.
- Our staff will avoid shaking a customer’s hand and will try to maintain social distancing to the degree possible.
- Our staff will try to contact as little in the customer’s home as possible and will ask the customer to contact as little as possible of what we bring into the home.
- We will use disinfectant on the surfaces of any stairchair we have installed or serviced. Spray Nine is available for this. Everyone is to carry a bottle of Spray Nine.
- We also request that any customer tell us if any member of their household has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- We suggest any family with a particularly vulnerable member of their household keep that member away from any visitor to their home (including us) and the other household members wash their hands after any visitor (including us) has left.
Our first objective is the safety of our customers and our own staff. Even with the above procedures, there is still the risk of spreading the virus. It is ultimately the customer’s decision if they want visitors to visit their home during this period.
We may update this at any time as the circumstances change. It is up to each and every one of our employees to bring all this to the attention of our customers as much as possible.
Feel free to call and ask to speak to me directly regarding any of the above. Follow us on Facebook for additional updates.